Friday 3 June 2011

Textile Repeat Pattern


My first attempt at the repeat pattern using the method shown in Renato's tutorial. I did have a little trouble using the new method because the directions and shortcuts given by Renato didn't coincide with my home PC. So ultimately, there are some errors and holes but they will be fixed at a later date.

Using elements from a Hangul (Korean alphabet) script, I played around with shape, size and direction to create this effect. I do believe that because these elements were full sounds and not the separate letters of the alphabet, the whole repeat gives off a too asian feel, which I was not aiming for.

For my next attempt I would be using the Hangul letters as geometric lines and shapes to create a modern and subfusion effect of the East and West.

No comments:

Post a Comment